Terms & Conditions
1) Check-in times are between 4pm – 11pm daily. Late check-in can be arranged on request. We do not offer early check-in.
2) Check-out times are any time up until 11am on the day of departure; we do not offer late check-out.
3) All guests must check in with suitable valid photo identification. Please respect that this is our policy whether it is a legal requirement or not.
4) Guests wishing to bring pets must book a private room and are not permitted to leave their pets unattended in Plymouth Backpackers at any time.
5) The management reserves the right to request a 'Good Behaviour Bond' from guests (£50 per room or £10/person for groups of more than 5). This is mostly requested of larger groups and/or over weekend and holiday periods. The bond must be paid via card and will be refunded within 24 hours of the guests departure, after the room has been inspected and when all of the following three requirements have been satisfied: a) There has been no damage caused to any part of the hotel/property by the guest
b) There has been no disturbance caused to any other hotel guests, staff or neighbours
c) All keys are returned.
We feel that this behavioural bond encourages good behaviour and makes everybody’s stay much more comfortable.
6) Alcohol consumption is only permitted by guests in their rooms; we do not allow the consumption of alcohol in the common areas (lounge, kitchen, dining area, passages, stairwells, landings and reception area).
7) Smoking is not permitted anywhere within the building.
8) Plymouth Backpackers has the right to refuse entry to any guest/s if we feel that our staff or other guest’s wellbeing may be affected. We take the attitude that we must be comfortable to share our home with each guest otherwise we will refuse entry.
9) Children under 18yrs must be accompanied by an adult or written permission by a parent/guardian must be provided to us prior to arrival if not accompanied by an adult. We still hold the right to decline the booking if we are not comfortable with the situation.
10) The Management has the right to request any guest to vacate their room or other areas of the hotel forthwith, without previous notice and without assigning any reason whatsoever and the guest shall be bound to vacate when requested to do so. In case of the default, the Management has the right to remove the Guests luggage and belongings from the room occupied by him/her.
11) Cancellation Policy:
For bookings under £250, we offer a free cancellation as long as the booking is not cancelled within 14 days of the arrival date. If the booking is cancelled within 14 days of the arrival date, a 100% cancellation fee will be charged.
For bookings over £250, a 25% non-refundable deposit is required on booking. For the Balance (75%), we offer a free cancellation as long as the booking is not cancelled within 14 days of the arrival date. If the booking is cancelled within 14 days of the arrival date, a 100% cancellation fee will be charged.
12) Group booking payment policy: for all large groupbookings, a 25% non-refundable deposit is required in order to initially secure a booking. The remaining 75% is payable 28 days before the arrival date
13) If you wish to drop off your luggage prior to check-in, please contact us at least 24hours before arrival. We will need to know an approximate drop off time, and if possible, we will safely store your luggage until you check-in.
14) Plymouth Backpackers expectations of you (and your group)
You must not:
· Smoke anywhere inside our premises. This includes the smoking of e-cigarettes. Smoking on the premises will result in a £100 fine;
· cause any health and safety hazard to any of our team members or any of our guests;
· bring any potentially dangerous or hazardous materials or equipment onto our premises;
· use any electrical appliances that may set off the fire alarm system, such as toasters, mini cookers or portable grills;
· tamper with any fire alarms or emergency equipment;
· utilise our rooms to store items (personal or otherwise) which could in our sole opinion cause damage to the room, or be a risk to the health and safety of staff or property;
· prevent management, housekeeping and/or maintenance staff from access to your room(s) as and when required, with housekeeping permitted full access at least once every two days;
· remove, damage or destroy any Plymouth Backpackers property;
· use any of the technology provided by Plymouth Backpackers to download or access any unlawful or obscene material; or cause unreasonable disturbance to our other guests or any staff.
15) If you or your group cause damage or loss of any kind to the hotel, other guests or their property, you (as the person making the booking) will be responsible for that damage or loss and you shall be liable to pay to Plymouth Backpackers on demand the amount required to make good or remedy such damage or loss.
16) You and the members of your group must not resell or transfer your reservation (or any part of it) nor advertise market or otherwise offer any Plymouth Backpackers room for sale either on its own or as part of a combined offer. We will not honour any reservations made in this way and do not accept any liability for doing so.
17) If you or your group cause damage to the hotel, other guests or their property, or otherwise breach any of these terms and conditions, Plymouth Backpackers reserves the right to:
· cancel your reservation with immediate effect and (if appropriate) eject you from our premises;
· request your key(s) be returned with immediate effect;
· restrict access to the backpackers;
· remove your items from the room and backpackers, disposing of such items (at no cost and no liability) to a local charity to the extent such items are not collected from us within 7 days of removal;
· retain all sums paid by you and/or charge you the full amount of your reservation; and/or
· refuse future reservations from you and/or refuse you entry or accommodation at any of our hotels.
Plymouth Backpackers will not be liable for any refund or compensation in such circumstances.
Plymouth Backpackers reserves the right to decline or cancel reservations made and stays in progress by those who have previously breached these terms and conditions (as may be updated from time to time), whether the reservation is in that name or not.
18) We reserve the right to:
· change your room allocation at any point during your stay for any reason; or
· cancel any booking(s) due to health and safety concerns or full or partial closure of the backpackers. In the event we have to cancel your booking(s) under these circumstances we will attempt to notify you and a full refund will be processed to the same debit/credit card, though it may take a few days for the funds to reach your account.